Backed by over 30 years of experience, we were one of the first companies in the world to receive the Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP) certification. Our Farms and Processing Facility are certified as organic by Pro-Cert as accredited by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
Seafood buyers and suppliers globally prefer to source seafood from third-party-certified facilities for a variety of environmentally and socially responsible policy reasons. What makes the Best Aquaculture Practices program stand out are its comprehensive standards and influential network of seafood buyer and supplier endorsers.
- BAP standards encompass the entire aquaculture production chain, including farms, processing plants, hatcheries and feed mills.
- All standards address every key element of responsible aquaculture, including environmental responsibility, social responsibility, food safety, animal welfare and traceability.
- The seafood processing plant standards are benchmarked against the latest Global Food Safety Initiative food-safety requirements.
In order to maintain these certifications, we follow stringent sustainable practices in the key areas of responsible aquaculture, including:
- environmental responsibility
- social responsibility
- food safety
- animal health and welfare, and
We provide our GMO free mussels with the best possible environment in the naturally cold, pristine waters of Newfoundland, and apply scientific methodology to our processes. In everything we do, we strive to coexist with our natural environment, with minimal impact to the marine life around us. That means you can be sure of a superior value-added product that is totally free of chemicals, pollutants, additives and GMOs.